Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The Lumana 20 Promises (For you, Dad)

I think I recieved a special request from dad about the 20 promises! Here they are!

Lumana 20 promises: these are 20 specific promises that the groups can keep and commit to upholding in their lives. They must pledge to uphold the Lumana 20 Promises at the beginning of each and every weekly group meeting.

1. I will set achievable goals every day- What do I want to accomplish today?
2. I will clean my house every morning and evening
3. I will sleep under a treated mosquito net every night
4. I will keep myself and my children healthy
5. I will make personal hygiene a daily priority – for example, I will wash my hands with soap after the toilet or before cooking.
6. I will visit a public toilet rather than going free range
7. I will make my loan repayments regularly to Lumana through Anlo Rural Bank
8. I will attend meetings regularly and will be on time
9. I will make regular contributions to my savings account
10. I will treat members of my cooperative equally and encourage them (unity, friendliness, respect)
11. I will contribute my token (Easter levy and welfare dues)
12. I will participate in communal labour and attend meetings regularly and promptly
13. I will ensure that my children are regular at school
14. I will properly feed myself and my family
15. I will ensure my family takes treated water always
16. I will drink at least 3 litres of water per day (6 sachets)
17. I will rest at least 7 hours at night
18. I will make sure all of my current children are adequately fed and taken care of before bringing another into the world.
19. I will visit friends, family and my group members when they are sick
20. I will assist other group members (financially or otherwise) when they are in need

These were at the suggestion of our local teachers, and address many local needs. A lot of the topics here will be covered in the LLL's (Lumana Life Lessons) which I am writing. These are the 26-week lesson plans which consist of one lesson for every weekly repayment meeting that clients attend. The lessons are a more holistic approach to education and cover topics such as preventative health, general wellness, and community development.

Until next time!

Maresa

No comments:

Post a Comment